Rocha that is — check out her blog, Oh So Coco!
You’ve likely seen Coco before if you ever flipped through a fashion magazine sometime in the past three years or watched a Canadian entertainment show recently. She’s the biggest model to come out of Canada since Daria Werbowy and is gaining mainstream recognition. She’s about as super as models get nowadays, her catchy name certainly helps.
- The 20-year-old is from Vancouver – Richmond actually
- Coco’s in high profile spots for YSL’s Elle perfume, Gap and H&M this season
- She’s a favourite of designers Jean-Paul Gaultier and Karl Lagerfeld and photographer Steven Meisel
- She recently dyed her trademark brunette tresses red, a change so momentous it even warranted a hair colour article in January’s Vogue (in which she appears consistently)
- She has a trademark “Magnum” look, consisting of a slightly agape mouth, narrowed eyes to create a pissed/high fashion expression
- She’s a skilled Irish dancer – she opened the Jean Paul Gaultier Fall/Winter 2007 fashion show by dancing down the runway (vid below)
“They said, ‘You need to lose more weight — the look this year is anorexia, and although we don’t want you to be anorexic, we want you to look it. My question is, how do you look anorexic unless you actually are?” — Coco at the CFDA-hosted “Beauty of Health” discussion in 2008, hardly refuting the bastardly side of fashion