An inclusion in Vogue Paris by influential editrix Carine Roitfeld is always a coup for a model. An entire issue dedicated to one? That would be a star-making turn and that’s what Roitfeld intends for Dutch model Lara Stone in Vogue Paris’ February issue (cover below). Expect shoots from photographers Inez & Vinoodh, Peter Lindbergh, Hedi Slimane and Steven Klein.
- Lara’s career skyrocketed when Givenchy designer Riccardo Tisci brought her to Carine Roitfeld’s attention and Roitfeld encouraged Lara to bleach her eyebrows
- She’s hardly an unfamiliar face with ad campaigns for Calvin Klein, Givenchy, MaxMara and Jil Sander
- She’s scored magazine covers for i-D, W, Vogue Paris, Vogue Nippon, Vogue Italia and V
- She’s walked every runway from Marc Jacobs to Versace to Victoria’s Secret
- Lara has a rabid fan base obsessed with her cool personality and curvy body
- Known for her sexpot mystique, she elicits Brigitte Bardot and Lauren Hutton comparisons. The similarities lie in Lara’s trademark gap-tooth, voluptuous figure (for fashion at least) and blonde hair.
- More notorious is her reputation for nude editorials, in fact you’re more likely to see her bare boobs than her smiling teeth
- Cathy Horyn called her the “anti-model” and praised her “Lurch-like” walk
- Lara explains her tottering walk saying that her shoe size is one smaller than sample sizes